The third round of the BEAM program has reached the end of funding and will no longer be taking additional applications. Please visit this page to stay up to date with any future developments in regards to the BEAM program.
BEAM PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The BEAM program is a FedNor funded initiative which assists businesses develop their capacity for E-business and in effect their ability to compete and thrive in the digital age. The BEAM process helps small businesses define objectives to ensure that the right technology is implemented to achieve the desired outcomes.In short, BEAM is the bridge between a non-technical business owner and their vendor. Blue Sky Net takes pride in helping businesses grow and being responsible for faciliting the BEAM program throughout the Blue Sky Net service region - click to see map.
For more details on the program view the following pages:
How can the BEAM program help your business?
BEAM helps alleviate some of the associated costs of establishing business online or implementing and upgrading E-business applications.
The program provides:
- Assistance and consultation throughout the application process
- Access to training to prepare for E-business applications
- A list of Northeastern Ontario vendors to select from
- A rebate for up to 75% of eligible costs, to a maximum of $5,000 upon project completion.
- Reimbursements are provided after proof of payment (processed cheque, cancelled cheque, receipt, etc.) and invoices are submitted. Cash is not an acceptable form of payment to developers for this program.
- Funding is available for the cost of creating a web presence for your business including, but not limited to, website development, website design, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Maximum of $2,000.
- Funding can also be used to develop responsive sites for smartphones/mobile devices - Maximum $1,000.
- Eligible costs may also include the design, development, and implementation of BEAM components such as e-commerce, customer relationship management, project management, analytics, social media opmitization - Maximum of $2,000.
- Content Writing and production, graphic design, photography services are not eligible costs.
- Site maintenance and ongoing costs are not eligible.
Benefits of e-business.
E-business can help you cost-effectively market your business, enhance your visibility and accessibility for your customers and suppliers, lower the costs associated with business transactions, and strengthen your competitive advantage.
Online E-Business tools include:
- Website Design
- Product fulfillment
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Optimization
- Business to Business (B2B) Transactions
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Not all e-business activities have to be complex or costly to achieve benefits. The Broadband for E-Business and Marketing (BEAM) Program is a great way to begin developing online strategies and maximizing returns.
Businesses from all types of industries across our region have benefitted from the BEAM program. Projects range from website development to app creation and online shop set-up.
Check them out by clicking here.